Sinusitis is the inflammation of the lining of the sinuses, most commonly caused by a viral or bacterial infection.
Symptoms include a blocked or runny nose, facial pain and tenderness, a high temperature and headache.
However, more often than not, your symptoms will clear up within 12 weeks, especially if you follow our top tips to help relieve the pain and discomfort you may be experiencing.
How to treat the symptoms of sinusitis
- Get plenty of sleep
- Inhale the steam from a bowl of boiling water to clear the sinus passages
- Use a natural saline spray daily to keep the sinuses moist
- Drink more water and vitamin-rich fluids like natural juices to help thin the mucus
- Spice up your foods, which can help relieve sinus pain and congestion
- Use a humidifier in your room to moisten the air
- Exercise outdoors to increase circulation and clear the sinus passages
If you are still experiencing symptoms after 12 weeks, it is likely that your condition has developed into chronic sinusitis. If this is the case, it’s best to seek advice from our specialist consultant rhinologists.
Contact us for more information.